The holidays are approaching, so we’re guessing that you’re probably spending more time browsing Amazon for the perfect gifts. What you might not know is that you can support the Young Onset Parkinson’s Network by doing your holiday shopping on Amazon!
Customers can choose a benefiting charity, then when they place orders through Amazon Smile, Amazon donates a percentage of eligible purchases to your chosen organization. It’s a great, low-effort way to support nonprofits like us without worrying about exceeding your holiday budget.
Here’s how to set up Amazon Smile:
1. Log in to your Amazon account on your device, then go to smile.amazon.com.
2. Scroll down and click “Get Started.”
3. Type “Young Onset Parkinson’s Network” into the charity search bar.
4. Choose Young Onset Parkinson’s Network located in Vienna, VA and hit the “Select” button.
5. Check the box indicating that you understand you must start shopping from smile.amazon.com for the Young Onset Parkinson’s Network to receive donations from your purchases.
Once you click “Start Shopping,” you’re all set! Just remember to start shopping from smile.amazon.com first instead of amazon.com or the app.
Helpful Tip: Bookmark the Amazon Smile page in your browser after you’ve logged in and chosen YOPN as your benefitting charity so you can start your shopping from the right place all season long! Choose your browser below for instructions on how to bookmark a page.
But wait, there’s more: If you’re curious and want to see how much Amazon has donated based on your holiday purchases, you can!
Just hover over your account name in the top-right menu and select “Amazon Smile.”
Then you’ll be able to see which charity you’ve chosen, and the amount of donations you’ve generated for it through shopping on Amazon Smile.
Add an extra layer of feel-good gift-giving to the holidays this year by taking five minutes to choose the Young Onset Parkinson’s Network as your Amazon Smile charity. We appreciate your support! Feel free to share these instructions with friends and family, too.
Happy shopping! And happy holidays!